New web newsreader - requesting participation

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 19:17:55 PST 2011

In the other newsgroup, I've been talking about a little
web news program I've been writing as a spinoff of the
potential new homepage idea.

It's to the point where it is usuable, but still kinda buggy:

http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/nntp/thread-index?
newsgroup=digitalmars.D

Source code: http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/nntp.d

NOTE: it does /not/ automatically check for new posts. I have
to manually trigger that right now (I don't want it annoying
the news server automatically while still in the testing phase.)

It will lazily load a message on demand though if you know
it's message ID:
http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/nntp/get-message

Get it from the Message-ID header in the post.

Anyway, here's the features:

a) It isn't god awfu