DVM Windows Beta #2 - Up To Date With v0.2.0

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Jul 3 23:44:17 PDT 2011

On 2011-07-03 22:12, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Is there a limit to how far DMD releases are supported?
>
> I've tried to install 1.023 but I got back an error:
>
> dvm install -t 1.023
> Installing: dmd-1.023
> dvm.dvm.Exceptions.DvmException at dvm\commands\Install.d(109): The
> platform "windows" is not compatible with the compiler dmd 1.023
>
> I needed that version to attempt to build the ancient cairo bindings
> for D. I wanted to try the bindings out without having to port
> everything to a new DMD version.

DVM will support any version that follows this:

* Location and name of the DMD archive:
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.<version>

* The archive needs to contain a single folder with one of the following
names: "dmd" or "dmd2"

* The platform specific files need to be in a folder named as follows:
Mac OS X: "osx"
Linux: "linux"
FreeBSD: "freebsd"
Windows: "windows"

(seems to be failing at this requirement).

* The path of the bin folder needs to be located in the platform
specific folder and be named "bin" or "bin64"

* The path of the bin folder needs to be located in the platform
specific folder and be named "lib" or "lib64"

* It needs to have a folder named "src" at the root level

* It needs to have a file named "dmd.conf" (on posix) or "sc.ini" (on
windows) in the bin folder.

--
/Jacob Carlborg