D programming language specification ebook

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Fri Jul 8 22:12:51 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 21:20 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
[ . . . ]
> The makefile for the documentation has a build target for pdf's, but I haven't
> tried it.

Whilst e-books and tablets may be the current fashion, PDF is still the
most portable document distribution format.  It would be good if PDFs
were made and released -- especially for those of us who do most of our
coding whilst disconnected from the Internet and so not able to reach
websites.

(It appears that Go now assumes you have 100% connectivity to the
Internet 100% of the time both for execution and development :-(

> Amazon has a kindle app for Windows which will display it, there's probably one
> for Linux too.

Apparently Amazon believe that with a Windows product and a Mac OS X
product they have 100% of the universe covered.  Sadly the "Linux on
Desktop" community has no sway.  Using Wine is supposed to work, but I
can't be bothered with it.

I suspect I must be in a community of 1 :-)

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk