D programming language specification ebook

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Jul 8 22:36:50 PDT 2011

On 7/8/2011 10:12 PM, Russel Winder wrote:
> Whilst e-books and tablets may be the current fashion, PDF is still the
> most portable document distribution format.  It would be good if PDFs
> were made and released -- especially for those of us who do most of our
> coding whilst disconnected from the Internet and so not able to reach
> websites.

I understand, and I'll see about generating a pdf.

However, although the e-readers can read pdf's, they do so very badly, because
pdf's are designed for 8*11.5 paper, and will not reflow the text for the
smaller screens.

> Apparently Amazon believe that with a Windows product and a Mac OS X
> product they have 100% of the universe covered.  Sadly the "Linux on
> Desktop" community has no sway.  Using Wine is supposed to work, but I
> can't be bothered with it.
>
> I suspect I must be in a community of 1 :-)

There's gotta be an e-reader for Linux. .mobi files are a standard as far as I
can tell.