D programming language specification ebook

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Sat Jul 9 01:01:39 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 22:36 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
[ . . . ]
> I understand, and I'll see about generating a pdf.

Thanks.

> However, although the e-readers can read pdf's, they do so very badly, because
> pdf's are designed for 8*11.5 paper, and will not reflow the text for the
> smaller screens.

Well PDF isn't designed for 8x11.5 per se, the page size can be anything
you want, but it is fixed.

(I wonder when the USA, Canada and Mexico will drop their non-standard
paper sizes and use ISO standard ones.  OK never, I know :-(

> There's gotta be an e-reader for Linux. .mobi files are a standard as far as I
> can tell.

FBReader is there.  Thanks Jordi for pointing this out.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk