D programming language specification ebook

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 05:21:46 PDT 2011

Am 10.07.2011 12:19, schrieb Walter Bright:
> On 7/10/2011 1:02 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
>> Development, and particularly compilation, is a different matter. The
>> introduction of the ability to import from a non-local Git, Mercurial or
>> Bazaar repository embeds the assumption of permanent connectivity of the
>> developer's machine to the Internet.
>
> That'd cut my productivity in half. My internet connection frequently
> goes down for a minute to 5 minutes. Cloud applications are just not
> feasible.

There have been suggestions to add something like this to dmd.
imports from URLs or something like that - because its faster than
having a build tool do this (try to build - realize that dependency is
missing from DMDs error message - download dependency from central
repository - try to build again ...)

Cheers,
- Daniel