D programming language specification ebook

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jul 10 10:33:45 PDT 2011

On 7/10/2011 8:31 AM, Jeff Nowakowski wrote:
> I don't get it. HTML flows correctly to different screen sizes, unlike PDF. HTML
> is widely portable. Where's the advantage to PDF?

For reasons that are a mystery to me, the same text on the same operating system
on the same display will render much nicer as a pdf than in a browser.

This is true for Windows/IE as well as Ubuntu/Firefox.

It's why I gave up on using a browser to display my presentations, and now use
pdf's. Projecting a browser display on a screen is cringeworthy bad.