dmd 1.069 and 2.054 release

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jul 11 00:40:22 PDT 2011

On Monday 11 July 2011 17:29:07 Daniel Murphy wrote:
> "Jonathan M Davis" <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1524.1310363419.14074.digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com...
> [snip]
> Yeah ok, I think we're more or less on the same page now.
>
> Looking at the implementation of deprecated, I think in order to support
> messages it's going to need to become a pragma rather than a storage class.
> (at least internally)
>
> Maybe we should deprecate deprecated? :)

LOL. Well, from the programmer's point of view, I don't think that it really
matters how deprecated is implemented internally. It just needs to work.
However, regardless of its being able to take a message or type of
deprecation, the current behavior of deprecated needs to stay intact. Its new
abilities need to be in addition to how it currently works rather than
replacing them.

- Jonathan M Davis