dmd 1.069 and 2.054 release

Trass3r un at known.com
Tue Jul 12 08:07:52 PDT 2011

>> Now I have to use an ugly hack to achieve something as simple as
>> toUpper:
>>
>> mixin( (){char[] tmp = "...".dup; toUpperInPlace(tmp); return tmp;}() );
>
> Damn i found that too and wanted to mention it in the dmd-beta list b4
> release. But the workaround is simple. At least this one was fixed:
>
> http://lists.puremagic.com/pipermail/dmd-beta/2011-July/000773.html
>
> Cause that was making cl4d with all its string mixins pretty much
> unbuildable at all.

Yeah I've done some crazy shit in the cl4d code :D
But in the end that was just another workaround cause template mixins
couldn't mixin constructors.
Good news: this seems to have been fixed.
Bad news: there still is another problem. I asked about it in D.learn.

btw, that problem you reported, where did it occur in cl4d?