DTagLib - D Wrapper Library for the TagLib ID-tagging library

Johannes Pfau spam at example.com
Sat Jul 23 11:46:40 PDT 2011

Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
>Well for one thing my Ubuntu install didn't ship with that lib so I
>had to make and make install it. make installed the lib in
>usr/local/lib and not usr/lib. And then there's this:

Are you using ubuntu 11.04? I don't know how familar you're with
ubuntu, but to install additional libraries start the 'ubuntu software
center' enter 'taglib' into the search box and click 'display technical
files' then install 'libtagc0'
(names are not exact, I tried to guess the english names ;-))

>andrej at andrej-VirtualBox:~/Desktop/DTagLib/samples$ dmd dtagreader.d
>-I.. ../taglib/taglib.a -L/usr/local/lib/libtag_c.so.0
>andrej at andrej-VirtualBox:~/Desktop/DTagLib/samples$ ./dtagreader
>./dtagreader: error while loading shared libraries: libtag_c.so.0:
>cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That's because /usr/local/lib is not in the default library search path.
Two solutions:
* run the application like this:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib ./dtagreader

* add a line containing '/usr/local/lib' to /etc/ld.so.conf and run
sudo ldconfig

>libtag_c.so.0 seems to be a link to some other file, but I can't even
>figure out where it points to with this horrible nautilus crap.

should point to libtag_c.so.0.0.0, that's the linux library version
system.

--
Johannes Pfau