DMD/Objective-C Alpha 1

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Wed Jun 1 18:54:44 PDT 2011

It's been some time since I announced I'd be attempting to hack the
official D compiler to implement support for the Objective-C object
model, with the ultimate goal to write Cocoa apps entirely in D. I
spent about 160 hours on this project since the announcement last
September, and now I'm pleased to have a first version to release.

You can get it there:
<http://michelf.com/projects/d-objc/>

It's just the beginning. As the documentation says there is still a lot
of things to implement, and there will be more bugs to fix after that.
But it's nevertheless always good to make a first release of a project.

It's also good to know you're not working alone. Jacob Carlborg has an
automated binding generator in the works. Hopefully this will allow us
to provide declarations for most of Cocoa soon.

If you want to help in some way, let me know.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/