DVM Windows Beta #2 - Up To Date With v0.2.0

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Jun 7 12:33:03 PDT 2011

"Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote in message
news:islsvr$15t3$1 at digitalmars.com...
> "Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.685.1307442383.14074.digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com...
>> dvm -h and dvm --help still don't display the help page.
>>

> Really? That's weird, it worked for me. I'll download the exe and see if I
> screwed up building it.

Ugh, that's what I get for posting shit late at night and early in the
morning...

The "win beta2" only brings the Windows DVM in-sync with the Linux DVM
v0.2.0. The -h/--help issue still existed in Linux DVM v0.2.0. So that
problem is still in "win beta2" *despite* my earlier claim to the contrary.

However, after 0.2.0, Jacob fixed the -h/--help issue, and then I merged it
into my windows fork (along with all his other post-0.2.0 changes) *after*
"win beta 2".

Long story short, it's fixed in the latest version control and in my pull
request, but the fix didn't make it into "win beta2". I'll leave it up to
Jacob to decide when DVM's ready for another release, although there is at
least one other thing that should be fixed before that's done (upgrading DVM
from 0.2.0 to the latest hg version doesn't populate the newly-added list of
already-installed compiler versions).