short thoughts on D (like my twitter)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 07:41:11 PDT 2011

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Heh, I have no idea what a "ween" is.

Word I made up... meant to be a less serious version of wimpy loser. :)

>  The main reason I didn't want to go with plain HTML though was
> because that makes creating and updating navigation a pain.

Yea, some kind of helper program is good there.. I'll probably
start using one too if I add enough content. For a while, I used
a little program written in C to build that stuff for me... for
all the stuff I write for dynamic websites, I take lots of steps
to avoid using them myself!

>  (although that does make it easier than reaching for my ftp app
> and updating a bunch of files)

I cheat here too - my website is hosted from my computer, so I
write the files in place!

> Hmm, so basically: The surprises are pleasant ones. Reminds me of
> a certain other language... ;)