TDPL is an Amazon Kindle bestseller

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jun 19 20:51:52 PDT 2011

On 2011-06-19 20:43, Ary Manzana wrote:
> On 6/20/11 4:18 AM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> >>
> >> I just bought a Kindle and I'm running my unread paperbacks through the
> >> scanner and then trashing them!
> >
> > I _much_ prefer reading actual, solid, paper books. I don't particularly
> > like reading books in electronic form at all. It works well for
> > documentation and searchability, but beyond that, I don't see it as an
> > advantage at all. And in those cases, I'd be reading them on the
> > computer, not an e-book reader. And of course, then there's the issue of
> > DRM and all that....
> >
> > So, I don't own an e-book reader and I hope that e-books never become so
> > prominent that I'm forced to.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Say that to the trees :-)

Honestly, I don't care. As long as people are smart about logging, trees are a
completely renewable resource. But I don't want to turn this into an
environment debate.

I don't like reading off screens - especially small screens. I much prefer
actual books. And I have no problem with other people wanting e-books just so
long as it doesn't result in my not being to get physical books anymore. I'm
just afraid that the general trend will lead to physical books dying out,
which I would consider to be horrible for reading - especially for novels.

- Jonathan M Davis