TDPL is an Amazon Kindle bestseller

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jun 20 12:49:33 PDT 2011

"Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:ito7i8$1tb7$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 6/20/2011 12:13 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> I've been guessing that will only happen when DRM starts going away. Than
>> again, most consumers are complete morons...(The "dancing pigs" theory
>> and
>> all that...)
>
> Notice that DRM has faded away on downloadable music.

Has it? I really haven't been paying attention to (legally) downloadable
music since when I did look at it, it was all either heavily DRMed or MP3. I
know the iTunes store started offering DRM-less stuff, but they were
charging extra for it, so I wasn't interested (especially since I could rip
the DRM out myself).

> I suspect there will be increasing pressure to remove it for books, too.

I hope so. Then I'd likely be interested in an ebook reader.