TDPL is an Amazon Kindle bestseller

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jun 21 10:34:30 PDT 2011

On 6/21/2011 6:04 AM, Daniel Gibson wrote:
> Another thing is that I actually like having real books in my shelf,
> just like CDs and computer games (it already pisses me off that the they
> are usually distributed in DVD cases now and not anymore in these big
> cardboard boxes).

I do too, until there get to be too many of them! Then they're a burden.

I have too many.

I don't mind DRM on things that I rent, such as Netflix movies. I'd have no
problem renting books from Amazon that are DRM'd. I'd pay some modest monthly
fee to Amazon if I could 'rent' one book at a time on my Kindle, up to so many
per month.

I also wouldn't mind DRM if the cost is low enough, but most DRM books on the
Kindle are at price points where I'd want to own them free & clear.