Programming Windows D Examples are now Online!

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:07:28 PDT 2011

On 22.06.2011 23:01, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> I just ran into some odd stdout corruption issue while doing parallel
> builds, take a look:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/pgC4o.png
>
> I've tried building again and it was gone, it looks like an appearance
> of a heisenbug. There might be some bug lurking somewhere in
> std.parallelism, but it's hard to say when I can't recreate it.

I'd say that is to be expected, e.g. when multiple processes (in this
case two resource compilers) output  to the same stream (console) and
has nothing to do with std.parallelism. One cure for that is to have
them output to a unique temporary files or pipes.
The only thing that's strange is that I'd expect it to happen in blocks
as there should be buffering, but maybe they doesn't use it at all.

--
Dmitry Olshansky