building of D for...

gleb gleb at asd.iao.ru
Fri Mar 4 00:29:25 PST 2011

Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> Well, I don't know who produces the rpm or deb, so I don't know how likely
> it is to get something for ALT Linux. I've never heard of it and have no
> idea what package format it uses.

It's an very rationalised distribution with big packet base, often mentioned
as main distribution for so named "schoolar project" (an efforts for
migration in education and goverment use). So some minimal support for it
may be very usefull to acquaint developers accross Russia and xUSSR with D.
It uses rpm and apt, patched for rpm. Preparation is very simple, rpm specs
are rationalised, too. Peoples in ALT and community are friendly, so
problems may be solved very quickly.

> However, if all you're looking to do is install dmd, then simply download

Thank you, i'll see. Unfortunately i'm not shure dmd can helps and of
course, peoples rudely hopes for native solution... :)

thank you!

--

    /GLeb

* Institute of Atmospheric Optics, SB RAS, Tomsk, Russia