building of D for...

gleb gleb at asd.iao.ru
Fri Mar 4 19:46:36 PST 2011

Jonathan M Davis wrote:

>> I see. But addition of another option to the list of downloads
>> (http://digitalmars.com/d/download.html) will not break the license?
>
> Linking to the downloads certainly doesn't break any licenses. You're
> telling people where to get it, not distributing it yourself.

I see. But the initial question was -- is it possible to assemble dmd for
specific (but with large community, so it is not somewhat marginal)
distribution? Sources are not in public, so i can't do it for myself

>> PS: in current state, pushing mentioned Software into the repository,
>> e.g. Sisyphus (0.00(001) % from Windows users), probably will not reduce
>> any commercial profit, rather increase it by some kind of advertising :)
>>
>> there are some examples...
>
> If you want to restribute dmd, as long as you have a decent reason, pretty

I can contact with ALT's CEO, if you feel it usefull.

--

    /GLeb

* Institute of Atmospheric Optics, SB RAS, Tomsk, Russia