building of D for...

Jordi Sayol g.sayol at yahoo.es
Sat Mar 5 00:30:03 PST 2011

Al 05/03/11 04:46, En/na gleb ha escrit:
> Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>
>>> I see. But addition of another option to the list of downloads
>>> (http://digitalmars.com/d/download.html) will not break the license?
>>
>> Linking to the downloads certainly doesn't break any licenses. You're
>> telling people where to get it, not distributing it yourself.
>
> I see. But the initial question was -- is it possible to assemble dmd for
> specific (but with large community, so it is not somewhat marginal)
> distribution? Sources are not in public, so i can't do it for myself

The license do not allows to "redistribute" without permission, so there is no problem if you create an alt-linux package just for Your personal use. Another option is to create the dmd alt-linux package, send it to Walter and ask him to upload to the DigitalMars ftp server.

>>> PS: in current state, pushing mentioned Software into the repository,
>>> e.g. Sisyphus (0.00(001) % from Windows users), probably will not reduce
>>> any commercial profit, rather increase it by some kind of advertising :)
>>>
>>> there are some examples...
>>
>> If you want to restribute dmd, as long as you have a decent reason, pretty
>
> I can contact with ALT's CEO, if you feel it usefull.

What's the approximate total amount of people that uses ALT-Linux?

--
Jordi Sayol