Plot2kill 0.2

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 10:31:22 PST 2011

On 3/5/2011 1:27 PM, Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
> Does this mean that it can save to vector formats now, or just that you
> intend to add that functionality?  EPS would be awesome, because it's
> pretty much the only thing you can use directly with LaTeX.  (Yes,
> pdfLaTeX accepts many other formats, but many scientific journals still
> require you to provide EPS figures.)
>
> Of course, one can usually convert losslessly between the various vector
> formats, but it would be most convenient if Plot2kill could save directly
> to EPS, PDF and SVG.
>
> -Lars

?????  Plot2kill (the GTK version) has been able to save to EPS, SVG,
PDF, PNG, JPEG and BMP since I switched the GTK port to use the Cairo
backend last July.  (The DFL port can only do BMP and PNG.)  If this is
a killer feature for you, I apologize for not publicizing it more back
then.  I've been eating my own dogfood since then.  All of the graphs in
my Ph.D. proposal and a publication manuscript I'm working on are
Plot2Kill rendered and saved in vector formats.