Release: GDC for Windows

Daniel Green venix1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 14:38:05 PDT 2011

On 3/22/2011 12:50 AM, Caligo wrote:
> Is Iain Buclaw really the only one who is contributing to GDC source?
That's the impression I got too.  I've recently joined to keep Windows
supported and to learn more about GCC/GDC.

On 3/22/2011 8:53 AM, dsimcha wrote:
> Excellent! Now that you've apparently got a build process working, are
> you going to make new builds frequently (nightly/weekly/etc.) until GDC
> has a stable release?
I'm shooting for weekly, unless something important gets fixed.  The
process isn't automated yet and still takes about an hour for each
version of D.

On 3/22/2011 10:00 AM, SiegeLord wrote:
> Does it work with Tango or will that need to be patched?
Tango will probably require changes.  Last I knew, GDC on Windows wasn't
supported.  The process was trivial.  Mostly updating the build script
and module names.  I saw a patch on the tango website claiming to
support GDC/MinGW.