Goldie Parsing System v0.4 Released - Now for D2

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Mar 27 12:48:17 PDT 2011

"Long Chang" <changlong at jkys.info> wrote in message
news:mailman.2805.1301240416.4748.digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com...
>I try use the gold from trunk, not the release version .  It seems
>very slow for parse css .  please see this
>http://www.dsource.org/projects/goldie/ticket/18 .
>
>Is all lalr slow like this , or it is a gold problem .

For other people who haven't read my reply to that ticket, this is the top
priority for Goldie now. I've profiled, and the biggest bottleneck by far is
the (rather stupid and half-assed) way that I'm handling character sets in
the lexer. (To directly answer the quesion, it's neither an LALR thing nor a
GOLD thing, it's just a temporary Goldie thing.)

Additionally, my plain is to switch from large infrequent releases to
smaller more frequent releases, so it shouldn't be another 6+ month wait for
"v0.5 with a speed boost". This v0.4 version has a lot of big stuff in it
(the change from D1->D2 and the grammar compiler), so that's why it took so
long.