dmd 1.068 and 2.053 release

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun May 15 04:10:14 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-15 03:50, Joel Christensen wrote:
> Looks like enum's are tighter (eg. 'enum last = media[ $ - 1 ];' doesn't
> work now). It was working in 52. I had heard it might be relaxed, not
> tightened. I get the error, 'cannot be read at compile time'.
>
> Also immutable imstr = "test"; printf( toStringz( imstr ) ); wasn't
> working at first, but works now for some reason.
>
> Good to have an update though.

A lot of CTFE stuff was rewritten. What all of the implications of that are, I
don't know, but according to Don (who did the rewrite), there are cases which
compiled before but didn't generate correct code. I don't know if there were
any cases which compiled which were supposed to be illegal. Regardless,
because there was a major rewrite for CTFE, the risk of CTFE bugs or
behavioral changes is higher than is the case for most releases.

- Jonathan M Davis