DVM - D Version Manager 0.2.0

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue May 17 23:38:24 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-18 06:35, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Jacob Carlborg"<doob at me.com>  wrote in message
> news:iquopl$1l9u$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> I just released a new version of DVM, 0.2.0.
>> For installation instructions see: https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm
>>
>> Changelog:
>>
>> Version 0.2.0
>>
>> New/Change Features
>>   * 64bit version now available on Linux
>>   * It's now possible to update an already existing DVM installation
>>   * Added an option for installing 32bit compilers, useful on 64bit
>> platforms
>>   * Added support for the new structure of the DMD zip, appeared in version
>> 1.068 and 2.053
>>   * Added a "current" wrapper which points to the current compiler
>>   * Added an option for specifying a default compiler
>>   * Better compatible between different shells
>>   * Added support for installing Tango
>>   * Added support for installing 64bit compilers (default on 64bit
>> platforms)
>>   * The fetch/install command now shows progress when downloading. Thanks
>> to jdrewsen.
>>   * Added support for the new structure of the DMD zip, appeared in version
>> 1.067 and 2.052.
>>   * Added a changelog.
>>
>> Bugs Fixed
>>   * RDMD now has executable permission
>>   * Exit if the DVM executable cannot be found
>>   * Always remove the temp path
>>   * Don't use "exit" in the DVM shell script
>>   * Added dmd.conf patch for druntime as well.
>>   * Fixed: DMD2 was incorrectly handled.
>>   * Bump version number.
>>

>> Sorry, still no version for Windows. I've seen another application that
>> does the same but for Ruby, on Windows, so now I know it should be
>> possible at least.
>>

> Sounds cool, but dvm-0.2.0-linux-32 is just giving me "Illegal instruction"
> on Kubuntu 10.04 x86-32. And I don't see any instructions for how to build
> it anywhere in the source tree or on the homepage.

Ok, strange. I built the tool on Ubuntu 11.04, maybe it's too new. How
can I build it to work on as many platforms as possible? The runtime
dependencies are just the same as a regular C application and zlib.

Added build instructions at the bottom of: https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm

--
/Jacob Carlborg