Learning With D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun May 22 13:26:18 PDT 2011

Jesse Phillips:

> We all know D would make a very good first language, and I want to provide some material that makes this possible.<

This is a very interesting experiment, thank you for writing it.

Regarding languages to be used as first language for adults or near-adults, I think there is no very good language for this purpose (for children the situation is better, there are many Logo variants, some graphical languages, etc). And even if you invent a language very good for this purpose, probably no one uses it, there are no libs and ecosystem for it, so it keeps being a mostly useless and buggy toy. I don't see many ways out of this situation.

Bye,
bearophile