Learning With D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon May 23 13:51:34 PDT 2011

bearophile wrote:
> For them spaces are nothing, they don't even see them, so for them
> braces are probably better

This is the biggest thing that trips me up with Python. Something
indenting inward is pretty easy to see, but going outward is often
skipped by my eyes.

def foo():
    # i see this change

# but here I don't register the change and think I'm still in foo()

I wonder if part of the confusion is from indented paragraphs
in normal English. The most difficult thing to see is two or more
indents changing at once though... counting groups of spaces is
weird.