Short article on std.parallism

Johann MacDonagh johann.macdonagh..no at spam..gmail.com
Mon May 30 06:01:04 PDT 2011

On 5/29/2011 9:18 PM, Jeremy Wright wrote:
> I implemented bucket sort in D to demonstrate how easy it is to use
> std.parallelism. I welcome any feedback.
>
> http://www.codestrokes.com/archives/116
>
> Jeremy Wright

Nice. Just a few nit-picks:

1. End of first paragraph: "makes writing parallel code, correct." ->
"makes writing parallel code correct."

2. Middle of second paragraph: "The tools are designed to find
deadlocks, analyze timing". You wrote that line in the paragraph above.
Seemed a little clunky for me.

3. The light green used in the chart and the D code is difficult to see
on the white background.

4. Maybe a little comment just before the version(MultiThreaded) line to
show readers that this is where the magic happens. Helps for readers new
to D so they're not stumbling over the initial bucket creation code.

5. Maybe a comment at the end talking about std.parallel_algorithm. I
suppose this wouldn't be a good idea if the idea gets dropped or
radically changed, but even a little comment mentioning how
std.parallelism will be wrapped for easy algorithm usage in the future
would be a good selling point.

Anyway, great article!