DVM - D Version Manager 0.2.0

Tue May 31 03:25:07 PDT 2011

On Tue, 17 May 2011 23:15:42 +0200, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> I just released a new version of DVM, 0.2.0. For installation
> instructions see: https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm
>
> Changelog:
>
> Version 0.2.0
>
> New/Change Features
>   * 64bit version now available on Linux * It's now possible to update
>   an already existing DVM installation * Added an option for installing
>   32bit compilers, useful on 64bit
> platforms
>   * Added support for the new structure of the DMD zip, appeared in
> version 1.068 and 2.053
>   * Added a "current" wrapper which points to the current compiler *
>   Added an option for specifying a default compiler * Better compatible
>   between different shells * Added support for installing Tango
>   * Added support for installing 64bit compilers (default on 64bit
> platforms)
>   * The fetch/install command now shows progress when downloading.
> Thanks to jdrewsen.
>   * Added support for the new structure of the DMD zip, appeared in
> version 1.067 and 2.052.
>   * Added a changelog.
>
> Bugs Fixed
>   * RDMD now has executable permission
>   * Exit if the DVM executable cannot be found * Always remove the temp
>   path
>   * Don't use "exit" in the DVM shell script * Added dmd.conf patch for
>   druntime as well. * Fixed: DMD2 was incorrectly handled. * Bump
>   version number.
>

> Sorry, still no version for Windows. I've seen another application that
> does the same but for Ruby, on Windows, so now I know it should be
> possible at least.

I just installed DVM, and it seems like a very useful tool.  It works
pretty well, but I ran into an issue for which I created a bug report:

https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm/issue/5/invalid-character-in-dvm-env-files

Also, I have some suggestions for features you may want to add in the
future.  I'll add enhancement requests for these.

Thanks for making a nice tool!

-Lars