D2 port of Tango

Damian Ziemba nazriel at driv.pl
Wed Nov 2 15:14:00 PDT 2011

Yesterday I managed to compile all ported modules on Windows.
So it looks like Tango for D2 should work on Linux and Windows right now.

Lots of people are missing the point of whole project.

Tango for D2 uses Druntime so it is quite normal to use Phobos and Tango
together :)

Giving users a choice is great thing in my opinion. Not everyone likes
the Phobos philosophy or its design decisions.

Somebody said that Tango hasn't got Andrei on board...
Well, with all respect to Andrei as he is great developer but he is not
the only one who knows how the things should be done. The whole tango.net
module is example of great Design :)
Lets say that Phobos has Andrei on board, and Tango has got Kris on
board ;)

So, resuming, you can use Tango(D2) with Phobos, you do not have to
sacrifice neither library.

Lots of people sticks with D1 because of Tango... This maybe great step
for those folks to go with flow, and D2 ;)