cuteDoc -New DDOC theme

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Nov 4 01:26:34 PDT 2011

On 2011-11-04 04:07, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Eric Poggel (JoeCoder)"<dnewsgroup2 at yage3d.net>  wrote in message
> news:j8vets$2r3r$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> On 10/28/2011 5:18 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>> and then use JS
>>
>> Where is Nick Sabalausky and what have you done to him?
>
> Heh :)  The main problems I have with JS are:
>
> - When it's *required* for stuff that's perfectly feasable without it.
> - When there's so much JS that loading/using the page slows to a crawl.
> - When it breaks forward/backward and linking/bookmarking (like on GitHub,
> for instance).
> - Abusing JS for dumb/irritating things like pop-ups, pop-ins, excess
> animation (the rollout animation in cuteDoc is tastefully done though, I
> have no issues with that), etc.
> - The syntax/semantics/api/etc of the JS language itself.
>
> But I've never had a problem with a little bit of *optional* JS being used
> to streamline a few things here and there, a least for things that just
> can't be done without JS. Heck, even I use JS like that now and then. For
> example, the rollovers on this page: http://www.attentionworkout.com If JS
> is off (and this wasn't at all hard to do) it still works (You just have to
> click instead of rollover. It's possible to get *actual* rollovers with CSS
> alone, but in this specific case, I needed a rollover on one element to
> change a different element, and I couldn't figure out a CSS-only way to do
> that. If anyone knows if that's possible with CSS-only, I'd be glad to hear
> how.

Have a look at this: http://pastebin.com/va5yCx2e

The above link shows two ways of affecting other elements with CSS
hover. I don't know if it would work in your case, you would probably
need to restructure the HTML code quite a lot.

BTW, this link is very handy: http://w3schools.com/cssref/css_selectors.asp

Have a look at this as well:
http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic2/horizontal04.htm

--