Future D Language Port for Memristor Architectures?

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:50:37 PST 2011

J. Varghese Wrote:

> If a heavily redesigned form of the D Programming Language (keep in mind that
> memory would become obsolete and that RAM-speed storage would be moved to the
> "processor" via photonic interconnects if Williams gets his way) that used
> implication logic instead of NAND logic were ported to memristor-based
> architectures as they became available... it would probably gain a strong
> first mover advantage over other languages. It might become one of the first
> available languages, the FORTRAN, LISP or COBOL, of the new architecture.
>
> Something to consider.

This would be an interesting "new ground" to call dibs. But it seems to me that the ones who decide who gets that ground are those developing it. That isn't to say that you couldn't get an emulator up and running to run IMP instructions (what ever those would look like) to test your compiler against.