[deimos] [tutorial] [rfc] How to set up a git repository to simplify keeping bindings up to date

Johannes Pfau spam at example.com
Sat Nov 12 00:42:35 PST 2011

mta`chrono wrote:
>Hey Johannes,
>
>thanks for your great effort of writing a tutuorial. Later on you'll
>have to import the bindings this way:
>
>import systemd.deimos.sd_daeamon;
>import systemd.deimos.sd_readahead;
>
>I rather prefer something like this:
>
>import deimos.systemd.sd_daeamon;
>import deimos.systemd.sd_readahead;
>import deimos.mysql.mysql;
>import deimos.cairo.pdf;
>import deimos.cairo.svg;
>import deimos.gtk.gtk;
>
>- mta`chrono

Hi,
the tutorial focuses on setting up branches to allow easy merging of c
changes, the directory names aren't that important.

Although I don't want to have a systemd.deimos namespace, it's meant to
be deimos.sd_daemon and deimos.sd_readahead. I think adding a 'systemd'
in there would make sense but Walter wanted libraries in deimos to
follow the naming convention deimos.[c header name] and systemd uses
two toplevel headers.

The reason for the additional systemd folder is that you don't want
all repositories to be named as "deimos". However, it'd probably be
good to add explicit moule names to the modules to make that clear.
--
Johannes Pfau