[deimos] [tutorial] [rfc] How to set up a git repository to simplify keeping bindings up to date

Johannes Pfau spam at example.com
Wed Nov 16 10:58:22 PST 2011

Dejan Lekic wrote:
>Johannes Pfau wrote:
>

>> Scratch that, turns out the headers are actually in a systemd folder.
>> Ubuntu doesn't provide a systemd package, and the directory structure
>> is not visible in the source package. So it'll be
>> deimos.systemd.sd_readahead ;-)
>
>You are my hero for making binding to systemd! \o/
>I want to play with it on my Fedora box asap! :)

It's ready to be used:
https://github.com/jpf91/systemd

But writing the bindings was really trivial, only ~12 functions and
~300 LOC(most of that documentation).

Note that there's no special function to log to the systemd log. You
have to log to stdout(for example using the standard stderr.writefln())
in a specific (but simple) format.

Also writing a daemon in systemd is actually a lot easier that the
traditional way (see
http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/daemon.html ), so have fun :-)

--
Johannes Pfau