D2 port of xfBuild (alpha version)

torhu no at spam.invalid
Wed Nov 30 12:13:19 PST 2011

On 30.11.2011 08:15, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2011-11-29 22:14, torhu wrote:

>>>  Walter mentioned something that if the "-lib" flag is used it will
>>>  output templates to all object files. If that was what you were
>>>  referring to.
>>>

>>  The -lib flag leads to bloated executables. Maybe the linker doesn't get
>>  rid of the duplicates, I don't know.
>
> That may be so, but at least the application works, if Walter is correct
> about the -lib flag. He has also said he doesn't want to add a flag that
> does what's necessary with the templates.

Maybe this is about something else than I was thinking of.  I was
thinking of the linker errors you will get if you do partial rebuilds.
Missing symbols for struct initializers and things like that.  And
templates too, I guess.  Can't remember the details anymore.  But the
-lib flags wouldn't help with that anyway.