D2 port of xfBuild (alpha version)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Nov 30 23:15:59 PST 2011

On 2011-11-30 21:13, torhu wrote:
> Maybe this is about something else than I was thinking of. I was
> thinking of the linker errors you will get if you do partial rebuilds.
> Missing symbols for struct initializers and things like that. And
> templates too, I guess. Can't remember the details anymore. But the -lib
> flags wouldn't help with that anyway.

I think I'm referring to the same, or something similar. Apparently DMD
doesn't emit template instances to all object files that need them. When
doing incremental builds it can happen that some of the template
instances gets removed when an object file is replaced.

https://bitbucket.org/h3r3tic/xfbuild/issue/7/make-incremental

This link suggests that the -lib flag will put each output the template
instances to all object files that need it:
http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=96168

--
/Jacob Carlborg