[Phoronix] Merging In The GNU D Language Compiler To GCC

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 06:00:18 PDT 2011

On 10/4/2011 11:50 PM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> My worst kept secret is out.
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTk2NA

Awesome!  Two things, though:

1.  When will this actually happen?  Is GCC 4.7 going to have GDC in it?

2.  How will the impedance mismatch between DMD Front End's fast release
cycle and GCC's slower release cycle be handled?  I'm definitely not
going to use the "official" version of GDC packaged with my Linux distro
or MinGW or whatever when the front end is several versions out of date
and each front end update contains major bug fixes and additions to Phobos.