D2 port of Tango

Eric Poggel (JoeCoder) dnewsgroup2 at yage3d.net
Tue Oct 18 09:30:10 PDT 2011

On 10/18/2011 6:24 AM, Trass3r wrote:
>> Why? What's the point? Why not work on Phobos instead?
>
> Well D1 projects could be ported to D2 much more easily, e.g. Yage.

True, but I had hoped to port Yage to phobos2 anyway.  Lack of xml
support in phobos is the biggest reason I haven't started doing this
already.  Time being another reason.

If Tango was a library of add-in modules of which I could include only
what I need, I would be very likely to keep using it.  I think tango
could become quite popular again with an approach like this.  But it may
need to depend on some phobos modules and conventions for good integration.