D2 port of Tango

Charles Hixson charleshixsn at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 18 15:44:47 PDT 2011

On 10/18/2011 09:15 AM, SiegeLord wrote:
> Caligo Wrote:
>> Why?  What's the point?  Why not work on Phobos instead?
>
> Aside from the obvious philosophical differences, which I am NOT going to get into, porting D1 projects is an important reason.
>
> -SiegeLord

While I can see the desirability of porting good D1 projects, from my
point of view when Tango became popular the usability of D1 plummeted.
Too many tools would only work either with or without Tango installed.
And I kept having installation problems.

So I'm *not* looking forwards to seeing Tango in D2.  If this could be
done without requiring phobos to be disabled, and without mangling it,
then I would have many fewer problems with it, but as it is...Tango for
D1 left a VERY bad taste in my mouth.  Very.  In fact it was one of the
major reasons I switched to D2 while it was still quite flakey.