DDT 0.5.0 ("Creamfields") released

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Thu Oct 20 06:24:11 PDT 2011

On 18/10/2011 06:39, Marco Leise wrote:
> Am 01.09.2011, 09:19 Uhr, schrieb Bernard Helyer <b.helyer at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:57:48 +0000, Bernard Helyer wrote:
>>
>>> Good stuff. Nice to see Indigo support.
>>
>> I'm seeing some serious performance problems (Eclipse typing lagging and
>> stuttering when working with templates and structs and big files in
>> general). Anyone else seeing this?
>
> Yes, I can definitely type faster than my CPU can handle DDT. :D
> I'm close to switching to a pure text editor, but then again, I could
> first try to disable some features.
> Also I realized that non-ASCII characters are sometimes errors where DMD
> would not complain. Sometimes when the non-ASCII is inside an
> identifier, not at the start or end.

I would really welcome some test cases, so that I could try this myself,
and identify the issue. I know the current parser has several
performance issues (known and unknown ones), but at least there should
not be performance regressions (getting worse in new versions).

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer