std.dateparse reincarnation

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Oct 25 12:53:32 PDT 2011

On Tuesday, October 25, 2011 20:17:35 Stewart Gordon wrote:
> On 13/10/2011 20:09, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > I've written something to format and parse SysTimes using format strings
> > based on the format PHP uses for its date() function:
> > https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae/blob/master/utils/time.d
> >
> > Feel free to use this file as public domain.
>
> My library includes a date/time formatting facility that's much better than
> PHP's.
>
> http://pr.stewartsplace.org.uk/d/sutil/
>
> Spec of the format string scheme:
> http://pr.stewartsplace.org.uk/d/sutil/datetime_format.html
>
> Walter - when the time comes to implement custom date/time formatting, will
> you consider using my scheme?

What does Walter have to do with anything here? He's not implementing any
date/time stuff, and he's not all that involved with Phobos development in
general. I'm likely the one to be implementing the custom date/time
formatting, and the current plan is to do something similar to strftime, since
that scheme seems to be fairly standard across several languages.

- Jonathan M Davis