dmd 1.070 and 2.055 release

Max Samukha maxter at spambox.com
Mon Sep 12 01:04:39 PDT 2011

On 09/12/2011 04:07 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 9/11/2011 4:53 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> The problem is, the disabled default constructor of a *member* is making
>> a wrapper class's constructor to be disabled as well:
>
> Right. It's infectious. This is deliberate.
>
>  > I think this is at least limiting and very
> likely a bug.
>
> It's deliberate. It's likely that we can find ways to loosen things up
> in the future, but the idea is to screw it down tight, first, instead of
> allowing big holes.

But how we can find the holes if we cannot even try things because they
are screwed down tight? I think the right approach would be to loosen
things up (without declaring them a complete feature, "resounding
success", etc.), identify the holes and *then* seal the holes if
possible or discard the whole idea as infeasible.