D Conference 2012: call for speakers

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Apr 4 01:47:27 PDT 2012

On Friday, March 16, 2012 12:46:41 Walter Bright wrote:
> (The conference is in Astoria, Oregon, Sept 26-29 at The Banker's Suite &
> Ballroom. Still working on the web site.)
>
> Is there something you're doing with D that is just begging to be shared? Do
> a talk at the D conference! Talks are either 60 or 90 minutes. Topics can
> be:
>
> 1. tutorials on how to use D
> 2. case studies of using D
> 3. this cool new library you're developing
> 4. this incredible technique you've discovered
> 5. rants about D
> 6. your proposal for new D features
> 7. anything else D!
>
> Please email me with your proposals. No experience doing presentations is
> required.
>
> (Speakers will get a free registration for the conference.)

Another question (rather than whether there's something that you want to talk
about) would be if there's anything that you want others to talk about. Maybe
there's a topic that someone else would be willing and qualified to speak on
but which they haven't thought of. And if the current list of speakers is any
indicator, we're lacking in people intending to give presentations.

- Jonathan M Davis