Revamp of CandyDOC

Jonas Drewsen jdrewsen at nospam.com
Fri Apr 13 11:34:00 PDT 2012

On Friday, 13 April 2012 at 06:26:27 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-04-12 22:53, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>> The outline and package panes should be combined IMHO. Perhaps
>> something
>> like (ascii art):
>>
>> ---------------
>> +
>> atk
>> Component
>> ---------------
>> MyClass
>> getStruct
>> contains
>> FooClass
>> setBar
>> ---------------
>>

>> Where clicking on atk would show all atk packages. Clicking on
>> + show
>> all packages etc.
>>
>> The lower section is simply showing the currenly selected
>> package.
>>
>> /Jonas
>>

> That would list all packages and all symbols in the current
> module? I think the list can be quite long as it currently is.
> Adding all the packages as well will make it even longer.

It would only list the path to the package that the current
module is in (top part of the listview). Each package name in the
path is clickable.

If a package name is clicked the bottom part of the listview will
show the available modules and subpackages of that package. The
top part is updated to show the path to the clicked package only.

If a module is clicked the its content is listed in the bottom
part of the list and the top part of the list includes the module
name in the path.

Since the style of D is to have flat hierarchies the top part of
the view would probably have path with a max of three package
names. May the can even be collapsed from:

packA
   packB
     packC

packA.packB.packB