Video: Walter Bright D at Lang.NEXT 2012

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 20:18:32 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 11 April 2012 at 23:05:20 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Lang-NEXT/Lang-NEXT-2012/The-D-Programming-Language
>
> and on Reddit:
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/s5492/the_d_programming_language_walter_bright_langnext/

:) So if I got this timeline right in Native Panel Herb
unintentionally takes a jab at D trying to keep the dynamic
languages happy by saying, "and it is a mistake [...], that one
tool is can subsume the other." -16:10 context at 13:45

Then the next day, you're presenting D wanting to cover Modeling
Power, Modern Convenience (programer productivity) and efficiency.

Both your's and Andrei's presentations were great and suplemented
each other nicely. I think Andrei did better at going over the
syntax used to describe things, but I think there is some
expectation people won't be wanting to know every detail about
the language (well, except that they did as there was a question
for each unique part of the syntax)