dmd 1.074 and 2.059 release

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat Apr 14 10:44:24 PDT 2012

"Tyro[17]" <nospam at home.com> wrote in message
news:lnfohbryykmdlrqrixir at forum.dlang.org...
> On Saturday, 14 April 2012 at 14:05:19 UTC, Tyro[17] wrote:

>>> This is not a problem on OS X. I'm building DMD from source, so I can't
>>> comment on the specific problem, but what does »file /usr/bin/dmd«
>>> print?
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> /usr/bin/dmd: data
>
> Cause found resolution still out of reach. The problem is that Apple
> changed the way they created aliases for executables in the Lion. I
> thought I found the resolution to the problem
> (put an alias into .bash_profile for dmd) but I just ran into this:
>
> $ dmd pe9
> object.d: Error: module object is in file 'object.d' which cannot be read
> import path[0] = /usr/share/dmd/bin/../../src/phobos
> import path[1] = /usr/share/dmd/bin/../../src/druntime/import

That's because you were changing the directory structure. You can delete
"linux", "windows", etc if you want (but you don't have to). But just leave
the "osx" directory as it is. There's no need to move/rename it.

You *can* fix your problem by adjusting the paths in dmd.conf (in the same
dir as the exectable file), but there's really no point in bothering to do
it that way.