Pull requests processing issue

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com
Wed Apr 18 03:39:25 PDT 2012

On 18/04/12 12:19, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> On 18-04-2012 11:00, Trass3r wrote:
>>> I think the problem of ~100 open pull requests needs to be faced
>>> better. People that see their patches rot in that list probably don't
>>> feel rewarded enough to submit more patches.
>>
>> So true. I won't do any further work if it's in vain anyway.
>> Also I regularly have to rebase my one cause of conflicts, which is
>> annoying.
>>
>> I really wonder what Walter's doing. Is he still running the whole
>> testsuite instead of relying on the autotester?
>
> Just looking at the auto tester, there seems to be tons of stuff that
> can readily be merged...

One problem is github. IMHO github's pull requests are quite ridiculous,
there is no way to prioritize them.
There are quite a lot of pull requests in there which are doubtful,
high-risk, or require a lot of time to evaluate. Currently, we don't
have a way to deal with them.

But, the announce list is not the appropriate place for this discussion.
Please move to the main list if you want to comment further.