Native GTK bindings v2

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Mon Apr 23 04:28:07 PDT 2012

Am Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:00:02 +0200
schrieb Trass3r <un at known.com>:

> > I've been running with phobos built using "-ffunction-sections
> > -fdata-sections" since ~the time of #293 and so far haven't seen any
> > problems (which of course doesn't mean that there aren't any).
>
> Me too. If you don't use gc-sections there shouldn't be any difference and
> if you do a lot of unnecessary code is stripped.

Allright, I just built GDC with DFLAGS=-ffunction-sections -fdata-sections
You know what happened? My animation in the Gtk app started to stop for some milliseconds in regular intervals. Yes, the application got smaller, but it started to show subtle anomalies, like back when I had the problem with exceptions. :-/

--
Marco