Pull requests processing issue

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com
Mon Apr 23 04:46:49 PDT 2012

On 19/04/12 16:58, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 April 2012 at 10:39:26 UTC, Don Clugston wrote:
>> One problem is github. IMHO github's pull requests are quite
>> ridiculous, there is no way to prioritize them.
>
> You can't blame GitHub for something we are not using it for – pull
> request, as far as we are using them, are just a tool to keep patches
> close to the source so that they can conveniently be reviewed and
> merged.

If that is so, then this thread is invalid -- the number of open pull
requests is not a useful metric.

Issue tracking, prioritization, etc. all happens on Bugzilla,
> and every pull request should have an accompanying »pull«-tagged
> Bugzilla entry.
>
> The infrastructure is already there,

Is it? I can't see any method for dealing with patches that aren't
merged immediately.
We have bugzilla as a priority system for bugs without patches, github
works for submitting patches, and a great infrastructure for testing the
compiler after patches are merged (thanks Brad!) but the patch
evaluation step (specifically, the "code review" part) is missing.