Native GTK bindings v2

Artur Skawina art.08.09 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:36:55 PDT 2012

On 04/23/12 20:00, Marco Leise wrote:
> Am Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:48:07 +0200
> schrieb "David Nadlinger" <see at klickverbot.at>:
>
>> On Monday, 23 April 2012 at 11:28:08 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
>>> You know what happened? My animation in the Gtk app started to
>>> stop for some milliseconds in regular intervals.
>>
>> Sounds like GC problems. My wild guess without even really
>> thinking about whether it makes sense: The GC now scans a much
>> larger memory region because of an unexpected section layout,
>> leading to the noticeable pauses – which platform are you on?
>>
>> David
>
> I suspect the GC as well, but I have no idea what you have in mind. How does the section layout influence the GC? I'm on Linux x86_64.

Try running "perf top" while the app is running and see if the GC shows up.
If it does and the problem goes away when you relink the application w/o
--gc-sections then it most likely means the changed section layout confused
the GC and made it scan a much larger region, which caused the world to get
stopped for much longer.

artur